Public meeting called
29 November 2018 - Rotoiti and Rotomā residents and ratepayers are invited to a public community meeting about progress on a sewerage scheme for both lake communities.
The hui is set down for:
- Saturday (01 December, 2018) at 3pm
- The venue is the Rotomā Community Hall
The meeting, requested by the Rotomā Residents Association and the Rotorua Lakes Community Board, will cover:
- Progress on construction of the scheme
- Progress on installing an on-site Septic Tank Effluent Pre-treatment system as well as issues and questions
- Estimated timeframe to connect Rotomā to the new Wastewater Treatment Plant in Rotoiti; and
- Possible timeframe when residents and ratepayers, who are connected to the new scheme, are likely to pay for the targeted levy
Another public hui, updating the community on progress to connect ratepayers and residents in Rotoiti to the scheme, will be held in the new year.
Click on the photo below to see the full update of what will be covered at the public meeting on Saturday, along with images and video of progress in the scheme.
Horizontal directional drill that's being used to lay the reticulation line between Rotomā and Rotoiti.