Option 1: Estimated cost - $150,000
Option 1 improvements involve: Click here to see the diagram of Option 1
- Reconstructing ramps at existing pedestrian crossing points and removing kerb lips for better accessibility
- Widening existing pedestrian crossing points at accessible carparks.
- Reducing the speed limit through the village corridor to 30km/h. Coloured pavement surfacing and “30km/h” road markings would reinforce the speed limit change at each end.
- Improving visibility at crossing points of the SH36/Hall Road/Taui Street intersection by changing the planting and landscaping.
- Narrow the road lane width with road markings to slow traffic on the Western side of SH36, next to the parking spaces.