Option 3: – Estimated cost - $2,000,000
Meets desired level of service and future proof the corridor.
Improvements involve major reconstruction of the village corridor, such as: Click here to see the diagram of Option 3
- Raising the road surface to be flush with the footpath.
- Installing crossing signals at the pedestrian crossing between the intersections of SH36 with Western Road and Hall Road/Taui Street.
- Extending the raised median north.
- Changing the SH35/Hall Road/Taui Street intersection to a roundabout. Crossing signals could also be considered.
- Widening the existing footpaths on both sides to become shared paths.
- Extensive urban design and landscaping to improve the sense of place within Ngongotahā Village, and to reinforce motorists’ understanding that they are entering an area that has high volumes of pedestrians, manoeuvring vehicles and other road users.