Why is the Rotorua Lakes Council seeking feedback and advice online?
Traditional community consultation usually involves attending 'town hall' meetings or providing written submissions to Council, and this can often be time consuming, inconvenient and sometimes intimidating. Let's Talk | Kōrero Mai - Rotorua gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues and opportunities that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community and for individuals to better understand and acknowledge differing views and work together to provide solutions that benefit the whole community.