Ministers Statement of Expectations for the Plan Change
The Minister for the Environment’s expectations for Rotorua District Council, in undertaking the streamlined plan change process, are as follows:
- beginning no later than when proposed Plan Change 2: Pukehāngi Heights is notified under Step 1, dates and anticipated timeframes for the steps in the streamlined planning process are identified (and updated as necessary) on a publicly accessible website so members of the public can be informed.
- the following parties should be served notice of the proposed plan change when notified:
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council
- Ngāti Kea Ngāti Tuarā
- Ngāti Whakaue
- Ngāti Rangiwewehi
- Ngāti Raukawa
- Te Arawa Lakes Trust
- Rotorua Lakes Strategy Group.
- submissions and further submissions on the proposed Plan Change 2: Pukehāngi Heights should be placed on a publicly accessible website within five working days after each submission period closes.
- consideration be given to the skills required to appropriately consider the issues relevant to proposed Plan Change 2: Pukehāngi Heights when appointing members of the hearing panel.
- the recommended Plan Change 2: Pukehāngi Heights should provide sufficient development capacity for a minimum housing yield of approximately 790 dwellings, comprising a mix of densities and typologies that will meet demand, while recognising the constraints that apply to the land that is subject to the rezoning.